Tuesday 10 March 2009

Happy Holi

Today we celebrated the indian holiday called Holi, the festival of colours. There weren't that much colour though but there was a fire by the temple which people (for a reason I can't remember) threw popcorn into. Tomorrow is the main 'colour day', where people traditionally throw coloured water and coloured powder to people on the street - sounds like fun but it doesn't really work as well here in England as in India though!

I think it's nice that Annika gets to celebrate double sets of holidays, both Indian and Swedish. She's got Holi, Diwali, Midsummer, Lucia plus Christmas and Easter - there's something on almost every second month! We wanted to go home to Sweden this Easter, but unfortunately Annika's passport hasn't arrived yet so I haven't bought tickets, and since the flight ticket prices are going up we'll probably have to do the trip a bit later, hopefully in May. I can't wait to take her home and get all her great grandparents to meet her. I think her grandparents and aunts misses her too, so I'm sure she'll be getting lots of attention!


No comments:

Post a Comment